The Ridge Hut is accessible only by our four wheel drive vehicle and is one for the adventurous, intrepid travellers who want a safe, remote spot to get away and experience the tranquility and beauty of it all. It would suit a couple or individual needing time out from a busy world or would make a gorgeous hideaway for a honeymoon.
This remote accommodation is perched on a ridge with a wonderful view looking to the west out over bush clad hills. It offers complete privacy and clean, fresh, sparkling spring-fed drinking water. Close to the Opuawhanga section of the Te Araroa Trail.
It has a queen sized bed and camping style cooking facilities and solar lighting. It has an enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold running water and an outside toilet.
What to Expect
- Meet and Greet and where to park car etc.
- Orientation half hour four wheel drive tiki tour on the way to your hut.
- Check in and out during daylight hours
- Bring sturdy shoes/ gum boots and an adventurous spirit
- Sun hats/ wet weather gear, food and warm clothes
- On check out, we will pick you up at a pre-arranged time from your hut