Accessible only by our four wheel drive vehicle or by foot this rustic hut has a quality and beauty all of its own. Suitable for adventurous, intrepid travellers who want simplicity and don’t mind getting back to basics in order to experience a touch of New Zealand bush in a very private, special place.
The Bush Hut is built tucked away in the regenerating bush. The flat clearing the hut is built on was left from the logging history of Komanawa in the days when Kauri trees were milled all through this area.
It has a queen sized bed and a single divan and could sleep three but would really suit a couple or individual seeking a safe place in the world to sit and see and hear the small waterfall and stream right outside the door and the birds and gentle breeze in the trees.
It has an outside shower and toilet, solar power and camping style cooking facilities.
What to Expect
- Meet and Greet and where to park car etc.
- Orientation half hour four wheel drive tiki tour on the way to your hut
- Check in and out during daylight hours
- Bring sturdy shoes/ gum boots and an adventurous spirit
- Sun hats/ wet weather gear, food and warm clothes
- On check out, we will pick you up at a pre-arranged time from your hut